Re: Problem with struct-cond-02-t.svg

On Sunday, September 20, 2009, 5:50:51 AM, Alex wrote:

AD> Hi All,

AD>         There's a minor problem with struct-cond-02-t.svg in the published
AD> test suite.

AD>         All of the various languages are set to display at x,y = 20,220.

AD>         However, when choosing Arabic (ar) or any other right-to-left
AD> language this means that the text should be drawn from right to left
AD> and hence ends up off the left side of the viewport.

AD>         This is similar to the bug that was fixed on text-intro-05-t.svg
AD> after the test-fest last year.

AD>         The simplest fix is to just add text-anchor="end" to all of
AD> the right-to-left dominant language strings.

Looks like that bug was intreoduced by me (sorry), although I think it was as a result of another bug report (ie iit was a deliberate decision).

In the old repository, revision 1.4 of 2002-10-22 says "updated to remove all tspans for tiny" and revision 1.5  later the same day says "removed tspans, adjusted text size and position, corrected language codes, removed attributes not in Tiny".

SVG Tiny 1.1 doesn't support text-anchor.

I guess that, since the intent of the test was to test switch and systemLanguage, that was thought to be acceptable.

Another fix would be to alter the text anchor position for the rtl languages.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG