Re: Thoughts on cleaning up SVG 1.1 for Second Edition

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:43:56 +1100
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Chris Lilley:
> These are much nicer. What do you start from, RNG?

No, as mentioned in the telcon, I list explicitly in the master/ file
what attributes/elements the element can have.  For example:

    contentmodelcategories='animation, descriptive, shape, structural,
      text, gradient'
    contentmodelelements='a, clipPath, color-profile, cursor, filter,
      font, image, marker, mask, pattern, script, style, switch, view'
    attributecategories='conditional, core, graphical event, presentation, style'
    attributes='externalResourcesRequired, transform'

I’ve checked in the XSLT:

and the updated source for the Structure chapter:

in case you are curious.  If you want to build that chapter, you can run
“make” from the master/ directory, as long as you have Saxon-B 9 installed
(as saxonb-xslt).

Those names listed in the contentmodelcategories="" and
attributecategories="" attributes are defined here:

which is as yet incomplete.

Note also that I switched to using an XML file for the IDD, rather than
the format used in 1.2T:

This is the output of converting the IDL to an XML representation (with
unreadable formatting), using my IDL parser:

Eventually that file won’t be in the repository, and will be generated

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/