ISSUE-2251 (General conceptual feedback): General conceptual feedback [Module: Transforms]

From: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:27:43 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-2251 (General conceptual feedback): General conceptual feedback [Module: Transforms]

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2251

Raised by: Anthony Grasso
On product: Module: Transforms

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Mar/0180.html

1.  I see that the viewing plane is defined as z=0, but I don't see any
mention of whether z increases toward the viewer or away from the
viewer.

Personally, I see increasing z as getting farther from me, but I could
also argue that larger z should be in front of smaller z. Obviously,
this needs to be specified.

2.  What is the visual effect of objects that are in front of the viewing
plane? Are they "behind us" or in front of everything?