Transforms Coordination

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:01:43 -0400
To: CSS WG <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Hi, CSS WG-

As you know, the SVG WG want to have a long-term collaboration with you
on a number of topics, including the Transforms specifications.

Dean Jackson raised the idea of merging the SVG and CSS Transform
specifications (at least 3D) [1] (noted in our Tracker as ISSUE-2234)
[2], which has some merit and some points for caution.  The best thing
to do at this point may be to create a joint Task Force.  Even if we end
up with separate specs, at the very least a TF will serve as a medium
for collaboration.

Is the CSS WG open to the idea of a joint CSS-SVG Transforms Task Force?
  Obviously, I think all parties would want it to be a public group.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009JanMar/0148.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2234

Regards-
-Doug Schepers