Re: Agenda request: objectBoundingBox and absolute lengths

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:20:00 +0100
To: "Jonathan Watt" <jwatt@jwatt.org>, public-svg-wg@w3.org
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:41:41 +0100, Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org> wrote:

> Can we talk about changing lengths with absolute units that are resolved against
> objectBoundingBox to honor their units rather than having the unit ignored and
> having the number treated as a factor? See
>
> http://adblockplus.org/blog/mixing-absolute-and-relative-lengths-in-svg-clip-paths
>
> I think it may be possible to change the behavior so that these types of length
> work as authors expect in the face of objectBoundingBox.

That sounds like a good idea, but should in that case be the same for 'pattern', 'mask' and 'filter'.

>From [1]:

[[ If percentages are used within the content of a 'pattern', 'clipPath', 'mask' or 'filter' element, these values are treated according to the processing rules for percentages as defined in Units. ]]

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#ObjectBoundingBox