Re: RelaxNG schema for SVG 1.1

On Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 8:08:55 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> I came across this:

CM>   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/rng/

Checked in by dino in 2003. I wonder if its the one that Mimasa made?

CM> Should we verify that it’s correct and then include it in the SVG 1.1
CM> Second Edition?  If so, normative or non-normative?

There is wording in SVGT1.2 that the prose has higher priority than the RNG. We should use the same language here. So its all normative, but some is ore normative than others. To butcher Orwell.

CM>   (Presumably the
CM> normativity of the SVG 1.1 DTD is limited to its ability to determine
CM> that a given document is definitely not a conforming SVG 1.1 document,
CM> and that it cannot say that a document is a confomring one.  If the RNG
CM> is OK, then I wouldn’t see a problem with having it similarly
CM> normative.)

Right.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead