Re: David Dailey's Feature Proposals

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:47:25 +0100
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, public-svg-wg@w3.org

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:11:39 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hey, Folks-
>
> Most of you know David Dailey, one of our more active community members.
>  He has written up a set of features [1] that he would like to see in
> SVG, which we could review at the F2F.
>
> Even if we decide not to adopt any of these, they may inform how we move
> forward on similar features.
>
> [1] http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/spec.html

I think most of the suggestions are things that would make SVG better, and I'm hoping that we have at least some of them covered by the new modules.

"The ability to slice a bitmap into subregions where each subregion is not merely the clip of the entirety" seems very similar to ISSUE-2002.

Cheers
/Erik