Update on ACTION-2362

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:03:19 +0100
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

This relates to ACTION-2362, Backport the zero length path wording from 1.2T to this "Reword F.5 Tangents" erratum.

I've had a chance now to look at this, and it seems like 1.2T doesn't have any new wording to backport. Just like in 1.1 the path element implementation notes say nothing about animateMotion, but instead that "conforming SVG user agent must implement path rendering as follows". The word 'rendering' should perhaps be replaced by something else, 'handling' maybe? Or 'rendering/handling'? Or '...<path-data> handling...'?

In any case I don't see any substantial difference between 1.1 [1] and 1.2T [2] in this section (only smallish changes to wording that don't affect conformance).

If we decide to reword this section to include other elements using path-data syntax, e.g. 'animateMotion', 'textPath', 'glyph' etc, we need to errata both 1.1 and 1.2T.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/implnote.html#PathElementImplementationNotes
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/implnote.html#PathElementImplementationNotes