Syndicated news on /Graphics/SVG

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:03:14 +1100
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

FYI, I’ve got the syndicated news on w3.org/Graphics/SVG/ working again.
A Perl script runs periodically on my machine which will fetch the
svg.org news feed and insert its contents into the page.

Doug, in case you wanted to investigate getting this to run on W3C
machines, I’ve put the script here:

  http://arc.mcc.id.au/temp/2009/svg-news-updater/

update-news.pl is the script that runs hourly.  It mirrors news feed to
svg.org/feeds/quick_news.rss, hacks the doctype to fix the bad XML and
writes that to ./quick_news.rss, then transforms it with news.xsl if the
RSS or Overview-template.html have been updated, then cvs commits it.
Note that there are some hardcoded directories in update-news.pl.