W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > April to June 2009

Minutes, Monday 03 June 2009 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:27:24 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.uu1ojyubgqiacl@gnorps.linkoping.osa>

http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html

--


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

03 Jun 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0189.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
           Chris

    Chair
           ed

    Scribe
           jwatt

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]ODF Liaison
          2. [6]F2F
          3. [7]SVG integration
          4. [8]ISSUE-2275 - Define processing for @type in script
             elements
          5. [9]ACTION-2525
          6. [10]ISSUE-2038 - Description of conditional processing
             attributes inconsistent
          7. [11]ISSUE-2046 - Allow negative startOffset for textPath
             elements
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 03 June 2009

    <ed> scribe: jwatt

    <ed> scribeNick: jwatt

ODF Liaison

    <ed> ODF response:
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/018
    3.html

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0183.html

    DS: not heard back from them for a few months, so wanted to check
    that they weren't going off on some other direction, but that
    doesn't seem to be the case

    ED: do we want someone to go to their meetings

    DS: would be good for one of us to go to their meetings too
    ... see what each other's cultures are like
    ... SVG isn't going to be talked about a lot at theirs, so it would
    probably only be on occassion

    [discussion about who could attend]

    DS: I guess I would be the best person

    JW: and I might on occassion

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to send email to ODF saying a couple of us
    would be interested in attending their telcons where they talk about
    SVG [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2591 - Send email to ODF saying a couple
    of us would be interested in attending their telcons where they talk
    about SVG [on Doug Schepers - due 2009-06-10].

    ED: would be good to have them here for a telcon to get started too

F2F

    DS: attending me, jwatt, chris, heycam, ed
    ... anthony dialing in

    [discussion about travel and accommodation, etc.]

SVG integration

    <shepazu>
    [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html

      [15] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html

    <shepazu>
    [16]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html#sv
    g-elements

      [16] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/integration/SVGIntegration.html#svg-elements

    DS: want to draw your attention to these tables
    ... thought Attributes and Properties could be collated into one
    table

    CM: probably you will have to have multiple rows for attributes and
    properties with the same name

    <heycam>
    [17]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/attindex.html

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/attindex.html

    ED: we tried having a single table for attributes and properties for
    the Opera documentation, but it turned out to confuse people due to
    clashes

    <ed> [18]http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto211/#graphics

      [18] http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto211/#graphics

    CM: see the 'cx' attribute at the link I just gave
    ... so the number of rows would depend on how many definitions there
    are

    JW: another problem with a joint table is I seem to remember some
    attributes and properties with the same name are only animatable on
    some elements, even though they are usable on more

    DS: all the definitions in the table would be linked back to the
    relevant parts of the spec

    CM: an advantage of the table is that you'd be able to list for one
    element the attributes and properties you're allowed to put on that
    element

    DS: all the modules that we're working on now would have to be
    listed under the 2.0 column
    ... how hard would it be to have an automated way to generate this
    list?

    JW: automated solutions can be prone to errors too

    DS: maybe we could have a list of things to hand edit in?

    CM: I think we could do something, but it might be trickier where we
    have to merge things from multiple specs

    DS: I raised this now because an implementer asked for a diff of the
    specs
    ... seems to me this would be the best way of fulfilling that
    request

    ED: rng files for the specs would help with making these tables

    DS: robin may be willing to help with the rng files, and is probably
    the person that knows rng best

    CM: chris has an action to make an rng for SVG 1.1
    ... how it works currently is the list is just in a separate XML
    file
    ... but we want to remove that duplication and source of conflicting
    information
    ... I'll look into that

    DS: I'll contact robin

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to contact Robin about RNG (so CM can work on
    build scripts) [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2592 - Contact Robin about RNG (so CM can
    work on build scripts) [on Doug Schepers - due 2009-06-10].

    JW: if we annotate which attributes are animatable, the build script
    could flag attributes that are only animatable on a subset of
    elements to which it would be applicable

    ED: one thing that would be good to add to the Integration spec
    would be how SVG fonts are used outside SVG

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to ask Chris what should go into the
    Integration spec for SVG for SVG fonts [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2593 - Ask Chris what should go into the
    Integration spec for SVG for SVG fonts [on Doug Schepers - due
    2009-06-10].

ISSUE-2275 - Define processing for @type in script elements

    ED: we don't really define how 'type' affects script processing
    ... maybe we could even fix that for the errata for SVG 1.1 to bring
    it into alignment with HTML

    CM: if bringing into alignment with HTML, we may not want
    contentScriptType to affect <script> when it has no 'type'

    JW: I think it would be okay for it to affect it in that case

    CM; so SVG and HTML <script> would have slightly different behaviour

    CM: which would be confusing if you had both in the same document

    ED: using contentScriptType is fairly uncommon, so it would usually
    be okay

    JW: in practice, Opera and Mozilla don't require 'type' on <script>,
    and I'd guess Webkit is the same

    CM: HTML5 has some pretty complex rules on determining the encoding
    of external scripts

    ED: yes, although that's a different issue, if related

    CM: do you want to also handle that Ed?

    ED: I don't think we want to do that for the errata, but for Core
    2.0, sure

    <scribe> ACTION: Ed to raise an issue to determine the encoding of
    external <script> [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2594 - Raise an issue to determine the
    encoding of external <script> [on Erik Dahlström - due 2009-06-10].

    <scribe> ACTION: Ed to define how the 'type' attribute affects
    <script> processing [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2595 - Define how the 'type' attribute
    affects <script> processing [on Erik Dahlström - due 2009-06-10].

ACTION-2525

    <ed>
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/019
    0.html

      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0190.html

    ED: Chris made errata item
    ... he changed the errata.xml, and is asking us to review his change

    <ed> ...looks fine to me

    <scribe> ACTION: Chris to fold in the errata item he created for
    ACTION-2525 into 1.1 2nd edition [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2596 - Fold in the errata item he created
    for ACTION-2525 into 1.1 2nd edition [on Chris Lilley - due
    2009-06-10].

    <ed> [25]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/painting.html#colorSyntax

      [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/painting.html#colorSyntax

    <ed> probably needs an errata for 1.2T too then

    <anthony> ACTION: Anthony to Search through 1.2T to see if errata
    item from ACTION-2525 exists. If it doesn't exist add it to the 1.2T
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2597 - Search through 1.2T to see if
    errata item from ACTION-2525 exists. If it doesn't exist add it to
    the 1.2T [on Anthony Grasso - due 2009-06-10].

    <heycam>
    [27]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/types.html#DataType
    Color

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/types.html#DataTypeColor

    <heycam> ACTION-2596: Note that you'll also need to update the
    grammar just below that modified text to allow "rgb(" case
    insensitively.

    <trackbot> ACTION-2596 Fold in the errata item he created for
    ACTION-2525 into 1.1 2nd edition notes added

ISSUE-2038 - Description of conditional processing attributes
inconsistent

    CM: the description of conditional processing attributes in 5.8.1 is
    different to 5.8.2 in Tiny 1.2

    <scribe> ACTION: Cameron to fix ISSUE-2038 [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2598 - Fix ISSUE-2038 [on Cameron
    McCormack - due 2009-06-10].

ISSUE-2046 - Allow negative startOffset for textPath elements

    ED: I think it would be fine to just clip away any text that is at a
    negative offset
    ... negative values are allowed in ASV, and I think we made that the
    case for Opera too

    JW: seems to make sense to me

    ED: should we fix this for 1.1?

    JW: I think so

    <scribe> ACTION: Ed to fix ISSUE-2046 to allow negative startOffset
    in 1.1 [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action09]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2599 - Fix ISSUE-2046 to allow negative
    startOffset in 1.1 [on Erik Dahlström - due 2009-06-10].

    so now that we're done, have any of you guys seen
    [30]http://www.tapper-ware.net/2009/05/perspective-texture-with-6-li
    nes-of-svg.html ?

      [30] http://www.tapper-ware.net/2009/05/perspective-texture-with-6-lines-of-svg.html

    RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Anthony to Search through 1.2T to see if errata item
    from ACTION-2525 exists. If it doesn't exist add it to the 1.2T
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cameron to fix ISSUE-2038 [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: Chris to fold in the errata item he created for
    ACTION-2525 into 1.1 2nd edition [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to ask Chris what should go into the Integration
    spec for SVG for SVG fonts [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to contact Robin about RNG (so CM can work on
    build scripts) [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to send email to ODF saying a couple of us would
    be interested in attending their telcons where they talk about SVG
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ed to define how the 'type' attribute affects <script>
    processing [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ed to fix ISSUE-2046 to allow negative startOffset in
    1.1 [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ed to raise an issue to determine the encoding of
    external <script> [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html#action04]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([41]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/06/03 08:03:38 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [42]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/chris dialing in/anthony dialing in/
Succeeded: s/that sometimes/I seem to remember some/
Succeeded: s/able to lift/able to list/
Succeeded: s/this table/these tables/
Succeeded: s/Safari/Webkit/
Found Scribe: jwatt
Found ScribeNick: jwatt

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: ACTION-2596 CM ChrisL DS IPcaller JW P0 P1 P2 P3 anth
ony ed heycam joined jwatt scribeNick shepazu svg trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Chris
Agenda: [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJu
n/0189.html
Found Date: 03 Jun 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [44]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: anthony cameron chris doug ed

      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0189.html
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/03-svg-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


    End of [45]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm



-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Friday, 5 June 2009 09:26:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 5 June 2009 09:26:06 GMT