Re: Tests required for recent changes to SVG 1.1 Second Edition

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:01:55 +1000
To: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Erik Dahlström:
> The 'type' attribute doesn't decide the encoding in HTML5. What it's
> used for is deciding if the script is supported or not. HTTP headers,
> the BOM of the external script resource and the host document encoding
> may all also have some influence on the chosen char-encoding for
> external script resources.

OK.  Is SVG’s behaviour consistent with this?

…
> I'll be doing tests for the filters module anyway sooner or later, so
> I can take the ones below here.

OK thanks.

Cameron McCormack:
> > * Test kernelUnitLength on feSpecularLighting (since it is
> >   now defined). However there aren’t any tests at all for
> >   kernelUnitLength on either of the lighting filter primitives (or on
> >   feConvolveMatrix)!
>
> Any ideas for good pass criteria for such tests would be welcome.

Filters make my head hurt.  I’ll try and work through an example and see
what you can reasonable test with a different of kernelUnitLength.  (You
should be able to require particular pixel values as long as you don’t
scale any of the bitmaps involved, so you’re not relying on particular
resampling algorithms, right?)