Agenda Request: Revision of Param Spec

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 02:36:56 -0400
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Hi, folks-

Based on telcon and IRC conversations, and on conversations with
designers and authoring tool implementers, I've modified the Parameters
spec and primer (and the associated JavaScript file):

  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/master/SVGParam.html
  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/master/SVGParamPrimer.html

I've removed the <ref> element in favor of the simpler 'param' element,
and also introduced the <param> element from HTML.  The JS lib roughly
simulates the shadow tree of <use> elements by cloning and inserting the
referenced element, changing targeted attributes.

If possible, I'd like to publish this new version.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs