Presentation attributes

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:01:40 +1000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Discussing the CSS ‘content’ property recently, and how a corresponding
presentation attribute may conflict with the RDFa-ish content=""
attribute introduced in SVG Tiny 1.2, made me wonder what our strategy
is for presentation attributes.

Is it our intention to introduce a presentation attribute for every CSS
property that SVG specifications define?

Is it our intention to introduce a presentation attribute for every CSS
property that CSS specifications define, for which SVG defines
particular behaviour when that property is applied to an SVG element?

What do we do when a presentation attribute we want to introduce
conflicts with an attribute we already have?  Is it acceptable to have a
presentation attribute with a name different from the property?