Re: ISSUE-2262 (svgcolor-method-params): Inaccuracies in SVGColor method descriptions [SVG Full 1.1]

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:00:41 +0200
To: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
On Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 6:38:27 AM, SVG wrote:

SWGIT> ISSUE-2262 (svgcolor-method-params): Inaccuracies in SVGColor
SWGIT> method descriptions [SVG Full 1.1]

SWGIT> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2262

SWGIT> Raised by: Cameron McCormack
SWGIT> On product: SVG Full 1.1

SWGIT> The descriptions of the methods on SVGColor do not state what
SWGIT> syntax the DOMString parameters must take.  There should be
SWGIT> links to the <color> definition, and there should be a new
SWGIT> definition for <icc-color> syntax.

Yes. I'm working on a grammar for that (prompted by Erik) for SVG Color; the same definition could be reused here.

SWGIT> Also, SVGColor::setColor() says that the parameters take an
SWGIT> "RGBColor object" and an "SVGICCColor" object, but I suspect
SWGIT> that should say that they are strings that represent an RGB or
SWGIT> SVG ICC color (as you would use in, say, the 'flood-color' property).

I agree.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead