W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > October to December 2008

Minutes, SVG telcon Thursday 4 December 2008

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:03:52 +1100
Message-ID: <493845B8.70104@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: W3C SVG Public Working Group <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html

---

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

04 Dec 2008

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           heycam, Shepazu, ed, anthony

    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik

    Scribe
           anthony

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Welcome Mozilla
          2. [5]Selectors API
          3. [6]Errata Review
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 04 December 2008

    <scribe> scribe: anthony

Welcome Mozilla

    ED: JWatt will be representing Mozilla on the group

    DS: He'll be on the telcons next week

Selectors API

    ED: Anthony did you have time to review it

    AG: No I haven't actually

    DS: They will be happy with an earlier review

    AG: Yes, we should send it ASAP

    DS: I talk to Lachlan about the namespaces stuff
    ... rational for dropping it was one implementation and some there
    some issues with it
    ... so all browsers will the non name spaces version implemented
    ... it's more important that they are more interoperable
    ... my recommendation is that we ask them if namespaces can be added
    in later version
    ... and make changes that Erik recommends
    ... we prefer but not insist that namespaces be added in

    ED: You are talking about NSResolver?

    DS: Yes

    ED: Don't think the problems will be any smaller if its added later
    ... if they mention DOM3 Xpath in the next version, I'd be ok with
    that

    Doug to Gather together the selectors API comments

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Gather together the selectors API comments
    [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2371 - Gather together the selectors API
    comments [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-12-11].

    <shepazu> [9]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml

       [9] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml

    <ed>
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/041
    3.html

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0413.html

Errata Review

    <ed>
    [11]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#clippath-
    pointer-events

      [11] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#clippath-pointer-events

    ED: There was an email saying that the clipping-and-pointer errata
    was completed

    DS: I posted a note to the list
    ... and Helder who followed up on this seems to be satisfied

    CM: One minor wording suggestion
    ... maybe I'd use a word different from "occluded"

    DS: We could just say "clipped parts of the element"

    CM: Or clipped

    DS: I was using "clipped" a lot
    ... looking at the word "occlude" in the dictionary says to block
    off or conceal

    ED: One thing I'm wondering is it doesn't seem to add anything to
    the pointer events section
    ... should it do that?

    DS: I don't think so
    ... We could say something in pointer events

    ED: Do we mention masking there?

    DS: Good point I don't think we mention what happens with masking

    <ed>
    [12]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#capturing
    -pointer-events-zero-opacity

      [12] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#capturing-pointer-events-zero-opacity

    ED: Oh wait we do have one errata item about masking

    DS: Chris was pushing for the "does not affect" wording

    CM: The resolution is much clearer

    DS: I think we should change the wording to what's in the resolution
    ... it's more clearer

    ED: I agree

    <shepazu>
    [13]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#capturing
    -pointer-events-zero-opacity

      [13] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#capturing-pointer-events-zero-opacity

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Propose revised wording for the errata item
    "Capturing pointer-events with a zero opacity mask" to clarify it
    with clip-path [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2372 - Propose revised wording for the
    errata item \"Capturing pointer-events with a zero opacity mask\" to
    clarify it with clip-path [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-12-11].

    DS: You could have a mask and a clip path

    ED: So you want to combine the two errata items?

    DS: Not combine by differentiate the two

    ED: I'd like to see some wording in the pointer events section

    DS: That's what I'm going to do, is add wording to the pointer
    events section that talks about masks and clip-path

    [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#svgzoomev
    ent-zoomrectscreen

      [15] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#svgzoomevent-zoomrectscreen

    AG: So this one here looks like it's completed

    DS: For each of the errata that we move to proposed we need to make
    a test for

    ED: We should make the tests so that they follow the standard
    template
    ... currently there are some tests that don't follow the standard
    template
    ... we'll have to convert the tests so they follow the template
    ... so we can put them in the test directory but just keep them in
    draft

    DS: Did we want to have tests for each errata item. Because on one
    hand it may slow us down but on the other it will ensure
    interopability
    ... so I'll make up tests for clip-path and mask

    CM: Do we want to divide up the other items

    AG: There are some tests from the old archive need to be shifted
    over

    ED: We should move over the test template as well
    ... we have some tests in Tiny 1.2 that cover items in the errata
    ... we can use those
    ... the problem is what number do we give them?

    DS: "11-"

    ED: We could just keep the same number as in 1.2 Tiny
    ... One of the changes would to change xml:id to id
    ... or we could make a new template using SVG Fonts

    DS: Another issue is that some of the tests for SVG Tiny 1.2 may not
    be approved

    CM: I don't remember how different the templates are

    ED: The old template uses Doctype, doesn't use SVG Fonts
    ... also I don't think it had the same status values

    DS: Are there any technical reasons to not use the new template?

    AG: So the question is do keep the new tests separate from the
    original archive or will they be combined?

    ED: I think we'd make a new release of the new test suite
    ... I don't think the 1.2 Tiny template would be that bad if we used
    it
    ... it's not too hard to change I think
    ... the only thing then would be stripping the xml:id and copying
    the SVG Fonts
    ... or we could do it the easy way and using what we had for the 1.1
    test suite
    ... would it be a good idea to move the old test suite to the new
    repository?
    ... we need to keep the same revision number that is in the old
    repository

    DS: Mike Smith can do it

    <ed> so move all of
    [16]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/testsuite/1.1/
    to the new location [17]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/testsuite/1.1/
      [17] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/

    AG: Do you want me to add tests from the errata in the old archive
    to the new archive?

    DS: Sure

    <heycam> ACTION: Obama to implement change we can believe in
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Obama

    <ed> trackbot: YES YOU CAN! ;D

    <trackbot> Sorry, ed, I don't understand 'trackbot: YES YOU CAN!
    ;D'. Please refer to [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for
    help

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Ask Mike Smith to move the tests from old
    archive to the new archive [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2373 - Ask Mike Smith to move the tests
    from old archive to the new archive [on Doug Schepers - due
    2008-12-11].

    <scribe> ACTION: Doug to Make pointer event tests [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2374 - Make pointer event tests [on Doug
    Schepers - due 2008-12-11].

    DS: Need to be careful that some tests could be testing for fonts on
    the host and not SVG Fonts
    ... it's think it is smart to change the tests over if you have time
    ... just need to be careful

    ED: I think the new 1.2T template that has status and draft would be
    more useful

    DS: There are some changes that I'd like to make
    ... so links back to assertions in spec
    ... and the status, approved, one of them was confusing
    ... If Mike moves the tests over then we'll loose the revision
    number?

    CM: We'll still keep the history of the file

    [22]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/errata/test-case
    s/

      [22] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/errata/test-cases/

    RESOLUTION: The SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition Tests will use the SVG Tiny
    1.2 Test Suite template with some minor modifications

    <scribe> ACTION: Anthony to Create an SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition Test
    Suite template from the SVG Tiny 1.2 Test Suite template [recorded
    in [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2375 - Create an SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition
    Test Suite template from the SVG Tiny 1.2 Test Suite template [on
    Anthony Grasso - due 2008-12-11].

    [24]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#svgzoomev
    ent-zoomrectscreen

      [24] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#svgzoomevent-zoomrectscreen

    AG: This was reported by JWatt, so not sure if we want to wait until
    he can make the call

    DS: Might be good to wait for him

    [25]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#reword-f5
    -tangents

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#reword-f5-tangents

    <ed> ACTION-2362

    ED: This is the action that relates to the errata item

    AG: That Action number should go into the errata
    ... I guess we can close off the old action and stick in the new one
    underneath

    [26]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#currenttr
    anslate-currentscale-nested-svg

      [26] 
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.xml#currenttranslate-currentscale-nested-svg

    <ed> ACTION-2368

    ACTION-2368?

    <trackbot> ACTION-2368 -- Doug Schepers to propose wording for the
    change that addresses the errata item Current Translate Current
    Scale on nested SVG -- due 2008-12-08 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2368

      [27] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2368

    AG: I'll add that action to the errata item

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Anthony to Create an SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition Test
    Suite template from the SVG Tiny 1.2 Test Suite template [recorded
    in [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Ask Mike Smith to move the tests from old
    archive to the new archive [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Gather together the selectors API comments
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Make pointer event tests [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Propose revised wording for the errata item
    "Capturing pointer-events with a zero opacity mask" to clarify it
    with clip-path [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Obama to implement change we can believe in [recorded
    in [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([35]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/12/04 20:57:09 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [36]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Lochi/Lachlan/
Succeeded: s/os/so/
Succeeded: s/system with/new 1.2T template that has/
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Default Present: heycam, Shepazu, ed, anthony
Present: heycam Shepazu ed anthony
Found Date: 04 Dec 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: anthony doug obama

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/04-svg-minutes.html

    End of [38]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 4 December 2008 21:04:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 4 December 2008 21:04:49 GMT