Call for Testimonials for SVG 1.2 Tiny - Due 5 December

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:43:24 +0900
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

In the event that SVG 1.2 Tiny becomes a W3C Recommendation, we plan to
issue a press release to mark the event.  A draft press release will
soon be made available.

I would like to formally extend an invitation to all Members with an
interest in SVG, whether or not they participate in the SVG WG, to
submit a testimonial regarding the release of SVG 1.2 Tiny.  Please see
our testimonial guidelines:
  http://www.w3.org/2004/12/testimonial_pr-guidelines.html

We want to highlight how the technology is used in products, so you may
take this opportunity to promote your projects or products.  This
includes open source and commercial viewers, authoring tools, services,
supporting documentation, etc.  Testimonials from Members who do not
produce SVG products, but who use SVG in their work, are also welcome.

Comments regarding the press release are welcome.  It may be a good idea
to brainstorm on this list about the precise message we would like to
send.

We welcome testimonials until 5pm ET on 5 December. If we are delayed,
then we will extend the period for testimonials.

Please don't hesitate to contact me or Ian Jacobs with any questions.
We are happy to work with public relations departments of larger
companies to help develop suitable press releases and testimonials.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs