W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > October to December 2008

Minutes, 24 Oct 2008 SVG f2f

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:52:04 +0100
Message-ID: <1876106328.20081027165204@w3.org>
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hello public-svg-wg,

I saw the minutes were not created for 24 October so here are some made from the irc log at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc.txt

and below as text for trackbot, but a bit scrappy formatting-wise, sorry

SVG Working Group Teleconference
24 Oct 2008

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Executive_7, heycam
Regrets
Chair
    SV_MEETING_CHAIR 
Scribe
    Chris

Contents

    * Topics
         1. ISSUE-2158
         2. ISSUE-2159
         3. ISSUE-2160
         4. ISSUE-2161
         5. ISSUE-2162
         6. ISSUE-2163
         7. ISSUE-2094
         8. ISSUE-2164
         9. ISSUE-2082
        10. XSL Liaison
        11. ISSUE-2152
    * Summary of Action Items

<trackbot> Date: 24 October 2008

<ed> heycam: and I still see a missingglyph(which I assume is the BOM) if I load http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/struct.html#PrefetchElement (prefetch02 example)
ISSUE-2158

ISSUE-2158?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2158 -- get and setTrait with url() syntax -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2158

<scribe> Scribe: Chris

ED: In Opera I get url() from getTrait on fill
... for setTrait we parse the value so you clearly need url()

CL: So we agree with the proposed clarification

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to correct spec re ISSUE-2158 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2331 - Correct spec re ISSUE-2158 [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2159

ISSUE-2159?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2159 -- Invalid path data error/unsupported -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2159

ED: Its an SVG11 leftover, should be unsupported not an error

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/implnote.html#PathElementImplementationNotes

CMcC: So remove the last bullet point in that appendix

We agree

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to remove last bullet point about path data being an error from the path implementation notes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2332 - Remove last bullet point about path data being an error from the path implementation notes [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2160

ISSUE-2160?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2160 -- Throwing INVALID_ACCESS_ERR when setting <use xlink:href=""> -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2160

<ed> ED: I agree with the conclusion, and I think we should remove the wording for the 'use' element case

CMcC: Woried about always throwing here especially for elements not in the tree yet

<ed> ED: I think it would make it hard to use traitaccess if you were not allowed to use settraitns with some xlink:href that points to something you put into the tree later on

<ed> ED: I propose then to remove "This exception is also thrown when the 'use'

<ed> element is hooked into the document tree and the the value of

<ed> 'xlink:href' is set invalid."

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to remove the second sentence, on throwing with setTrait if an aivalid IRI is given [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2333 - Remove the second sentence, on throwing with setTrait if an aivalid IRI is given [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2161

ISSUE-2161?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2161 -- SVG element namespace requirement -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2161

Proposed wording at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0248.html

ED: Like the proposed wording

CMcC: Looks good

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to fix SVG element ns requirements per Chris suggested wording [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2334 - Fix SVG element ns requirements per Chris suggested wording [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2162

ISSUE-2162?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2162 -- Remove "SVG viewport" definition -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2162

CL: Yes, if the definition is not used it should be removed

need to check for links to it

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron remove unused SVG viewport definition, leaving the 'viewport' definition which is used [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2335 - Remove unused SVG viewport definition, leaving the 'viewport' definition which is used [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0189.html

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081021113831.GA16336@arc.mcc.id.au
ISSUE-2163

ISSUE-2163?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2163 -- role="contexthelp" -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2163

ED: Need Doug for this one probably

CMcC: Just wanted to point it out. Seems odd, not sure what the resolution should be

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022004450.GA14281@arc.mcc.id.au

Wording for non-invertable CTMs with ref() (for ISSUE-2073)

CL: Lets keep this with the same issue

ISSUE-2073?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2073 -- inverse and constrained transformations -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2073

CMcC: Wording is not fluent English

CL: Much prefer your explicit wording to the vague 'may cause problems'

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to improve wording on non-invertible CTMs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2336 - Improve wording on non-invertible CTMs [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2094

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0219.html

ISSUE-2094?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2094 -- accessing rules for traitAccess -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2094

ED: On first poont he is satisfied. On second he is too, but then raises additional questions
... some part of this is covered in SMIL but not all, especially changing IDs while animating
... not clear for animations that have a resolved begin tiome, it cant become unresolved

CL: So I think the answer is the first option "no effect the animation continue.

" as the element has already been located.

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022035131.GF14281@arc.mcc.id.au - Feature strings for buffered-rendering and color-rendering

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022230648.GC20693@arc.mcc.id.au - New wording for @attributeType

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023004437.GF20693@arc.mcc.id.au - Animating @transform with <set>

<heycam> http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023005712.GH20693@arc.mcc.id.au - Paced rotation transform

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/feature.html
ISSUE-2164

ISSUE-2164?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2164 -- Feature strings for buffered-rendering and color-rendering -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2164

<ed> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/painting.html#paint-att-mod

ED: color-rendering should be in paint same as 1.1

so we disagree

CMcC: Yeah, okay

ED: Agree on buffered-rendering

<scribe> ACTION: Cameron to fix buffered-rendering feature string [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2337 - Fix buffered-rendering feature string [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
ISSUE-2082

ISSUE-2082?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2082 -- attributeType auto -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2082

This new wording is a) poor and b) contradicts what the attributeName says just above

DS: Yes, thats bogus

Suggested wording" if the attributeName value has a prefix, it is resolved as described above

<ed> ED: yes, that looks fine, and keep the sentences around it

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to fix the namespace wording for attributeName as described in the minutes for 24 Oct 2008 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2338 - Fix the namespace wording for attributeName as described in the minutes for 24 Oct 2008 [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-10-31].
XSL Liaison

Next SVG f2f - week of 16 Feb 2009, Sydney

<ed> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#F2F_Meeting_Information

after that, Juneish, Raleigh-Durham

LQ: XML CG approves XSL meetings. Coordinated with other WGs
ISSUE-2152

ISSUE-2152?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2152 -- Less Emphasis on 'xml:id' -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2152

DS: Too late to do something drastic

<shepazu> http://www.schepers.cc/xmlid/svgxmlid.html

<ed> RESOLUTION: we will remove the sentence about deprecating the 'id' attribute

<ed> RESOLUTION: we will not change the part about setting xml:id and id from the element.id DOM property

<ed> RESOLUTION: we recommend using 'id' instead of xml:id on elements in the svg namespace

<ed> RESOLUTION: if you use arbitrary xml markup it's recommended to use xml:id

<ed> ACTION: DS to implement the above four resolutions in the spec (ISSUE-2152) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2339 - Implement the above four resolutions in the spec (ISSUE-2152) [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-10-31].

ISSUE-2147?

<trackbot> ISSUE-2147 -- Section on externally referenced documents confusing -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2147

<ed> ACTION: DS to commit the proposed changes for ISSUE-2147 (ED to review those), and respond [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2340 - Commit the proposed changes for ISSUE-2147 (ED to review those), and respond [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-10-31].

<heycam> i see shepazu is on the www.w3.org homepage

<shepazu> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Aug/0069.html
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron remove unused SVG viewport definition, leaving the 'viewport' definition which is used [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to correct spec re ISSUE-2158 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to fix buffered-rendering feature string [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to fix SVG element ns requirements per Chris suggested wording [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to improve wording on non-invertible CTMs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to remove last bullet point about path data being an error from the path implementation notes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Cameron to remove the second sentence, on throwing with setTrait if an aivalid IRI is given [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: DS to commit the proposed changes for ISSUE-2147 (ED to review those), and respond [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: DS to implement the above four resolutions in the spec (ISSUE-2152) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
[NEW] ACTION: Erik to fix the namespace wording for attributeName as described in the minutes for 24 Oct 2008 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc]
 
[End of minutes]


-- 
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris@w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG
Received on Monday, 27 October 2008 16:52:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 27 October 2008 16:52:18 GMT