Re: Throwing INVALID_ACCESS_ERR when setting <use xlink:href=""> ISSUE-2160

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:58:11 +0200
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hello Cameron

We agree that an invalid IRI means its not rendered; and if its not in the tree it wont be rendered anyway so there is no need to throw in that case.

We also think that inserting an invalid IRI would not throw on setTrait, because then set would need to resolve the IRI. Instead, it will disable rendering, when rendering occurs. So we agree there is no need to throw then either.

You have ACTION-2333, to fix the spec accordingly.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead