Proposed text for prefetch and eRR note

From: Andrew Emmons <atemmons@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:16:08 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hello WG!

Regarding action-2311, related to issue-2139: “Add note
regarding eRR attribute and prefetch element”.

This is my understanding regarding the relationship between
the eRR attribute and prefetch element: the eRR attribute can designate a
resource as required, and the prefetch element can be used to schedule the retrieval
of said resource. They are related but do not influence each other – for example
using prefetch on an image does not automatically make eRR true, and
vice-versa.  This is true whether the
prefetch element points to an internal ‘g’ element or external resource.

Given that, this is my proposed note in the prefetch
section:

Note that whereas the externalResourcesRequired attribute is
used to designate that a resource as required, the prefetch element is used to optimize
the retrieval of a resource.  Setting the
externalResourceRequired attribute does not influence the behavior of the
prefetch element and vice-versa. This is true whether the prefetch element
points to an internal ‘g’ element or external resource.

Please review the above proposed text - I would like to have
a discussion via e-mail if required so that the edit and reply can be made
before the next telcon.

Regards,
Andrew