Re: ISSUE-2135 (image element ambiguities): Ambiguities in the 'image' element [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 10/14/08 2:21 AM):

> SVG Working Group Issue Tracker a écrit :
>>
>> ISSUE-2135 (image element ambiguities): Ambiguities in the 'image'
>> element [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2135
>>
>> Raised by: Doug Schepers
>> On product: Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny
>> Cyril Concolato
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0110.html>:
>> [[
>> * Section 5.7 The 'image' element
>> In the first sentence, the words "complete document" seems to imply
>> that an (XML) document can be referenced from an image element while
>> the second sentence says the opposite. Could you rephrase ?
> I suggest the following editing. Replace:
> "The 'image'  element indicates that the contents of a complete document
> are to be rendered into a given rectangle within the current user
> coordinate system."
> with
> "The 'image'  element indicates that the contents of an image are to be
> rendered into a given rectangle within the current user coordinate system."

Corrected as requested.

>> The attribute definitions for the 'image' element does not use the
>> usual 'lacuna value sentence' for x, y, width and height.
> For x, y, width and height, replace:
> "If the attribute is not specified, the effect is as if a value of "0"
> were specified."
> with
> "The lacuna value is '0'."

Corrected as requested.

>> Could you rephrase the following sentence? It does not look like a
>> correct sentence: "For optimizing download time by requiring a
>> particular content format authors are encouraged to use
>> 'requiredFormats', instead of 'type'."
> In image, audio, video, replace:
> "For optimizing download time by requiring a particular content format
> authors are encouraged to use 'requiredFormats', instead of 'type'."
> with
> "To indicate the media formats and avoid that a User Agent downloads
> media in formats that it does not support, authors are encouraged to use
> 'requiredFormats' instead of 'type'."

Corrected to say:
[[
To ensure that a User Agent only downloads media in formats that it
supports, thus optimizing download time and bandwidth usage, authors are
encouraged to use 'requiredFormats', instead of 'type'.
]]

Please let us know if this satisfies your comment.

Regards-
-Doug