Re: text-align-202-t.svg

On Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 9:03:07 AM, Erik wrote:

ED> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:07:54 +0200, Lee Martineau
ED> <lee.martineau@quickoffice.com> wrote:

>> Hello WG,

>> Chris mentioned his action to remove the direction attribute from text-align-202-t.svg

>> http://www.w3.org/2008/10/14-svg-minutes.html.

I have done so. Note that direction was added to that test (in error, as it turns out) during the test fest; the version of this test immediately before the tst fest and at the start of it did not have direction either.

In fact whether direction is there or not makes no difference to the correct rendering of this test. Unless unicode-bidi property is set to something other than its initial value, the Unicode bidi algorithm is still used to determine direction by looking at the first character in the string.

>> A new slide (text-layout-201-t.svg) to test the direction attribute was added. Is this new slide still in draft state?

ED> I did review it[1], and found some small issues with the test. As
ED> soon as those issues have been fixed I see no problem approving it.

I have made the requested changes, and agree that we should approve this test. Please review the test description as this is completely rewritten. I hope its now abundantly clear, and does not assume any particular internationalization expertise on the part of the person running the test.

ED> I think we need the test for coverage.

Yes, as its needed for the re-introduced features (direction and unicode-bidi)

ED> Cheers
ED> /Erik

ED> [1]
ED> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0018.html