Re: ISSUE-2136 (unconditional love): Add explanation for children of container elements with false conditional attributes [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

SVG Working Group Issue Tracker a écrit :

> ISSUE-2136 (unconditional love): Add explanation for children of container elements with false conditional attributes [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]
>
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2136
>
> Raised by: Doug Schepers
> On product: Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny
>
> Cyril Concolato
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0110.html>:
> [[
> * Section 5.8 Conditional Processing:
> The specification says:
> "Conditional processing attributes  do not affect the processing of all elements. They can be specified only on graphics elements, container elements, text content elements, descriptive elements, timed elements  and the 'foreignObject'  and 'discard'  elements. A conditional processing attribute  on any other element does not affect whether that element will be processed."
> Could you add an explanation about what happens to elements (script, handlers, animations, listeners) inside a container element which has a conditional processing attribute evaluated to false?
I suggest adding the following sentence:
"When a conditional processing attribute is specified on a container element, it affects only the elements on which conditional processing attributes can be specified."

Add also the following sentence:
"Note that if a conditional processing attribute is specified on a container element which contains scripts, it has no effect on whether the script is executed. In particular, all scripts contained in a 'switch' element are processed."

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group