Re: Agenda Request: values of requiredExtensions to use XHTML/MathML

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:45:41 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, Chris-
>
> Chris Lilley wrote (on 9/14/08 9:19 AM):
>> On Saturday, September 13, 2008, 1:16:48 PM, Doug wrote:
>>
>> DS> [[
>> DS> Basically, not mentioning the values of requiredExtensions causes a
>> DS> compatibility issue. For instance, Amaya and Firefox do not agree.
>>
>> DS> I propose the two values for XHTML and MathML to be
>> DS> "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" and
>> DS> "http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML".
>> DS> ]]
>>
>> DS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Sep/0035.html
>> DS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Aug/0031.html
>>
>> Slap em in a non-normative example and depend on the prevalence of copy
>> and paste.
>
> That actually sounds like a good idea to me.  We could even do that
> in SVG 1.2 Tiny, for <foreignObject> examples.

It also matches what I have done in the past - possibly because it is what
Amaya actually does. See for (a random) example
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/talks/040613-cmn/all.htm ...

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com