ACTION-2010, round 2

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:35:40 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi svg-wg,

Did some more research on ACTION-2010, and it seems there are a number of
other w3c specs that raise exceptions on negative values when the IDL says
a parameter is unsigned. DOM 3 Core is one example[1]. I'm reluctant to
change it also because it's perhaps not defined how various languages
treat this case, wrt conversion etc. It's probably more clear to state
that an exception is raised for these cases, even if it looks a bit weird.

I made some other minor corrections to the testcase and suggested
replacement text, fixing a few typos and aligning selectSubString with
getSubStringLength in the way they treat their parameters.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#ID-FF21A306