Re: XHR review extension

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:12:21 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, public-webapi@w3.org, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 6/3/08 9:44 AM):

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:33:34 +0200, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:
>> The SVG WG would like to request a two week extension for reviewing
>> the XMLHttpRequest LC draft.
>>
>> Please let us know if that is acceptable,
>
> I think I would rather just move on given how long the review period has
> been and how long we've been working on XMLHttpRequest Level 1, but that
> shouldn't preclude the SVG WG from providing feedback later on.

Noted.  But this is not an editorial decision, it is a WG decision.

I don't see the harm in extending the LC period for a week or two: the
test suite is not done; there is no urgent release cycle for
implementations coming up; and the plan is to simply park this in CR
until HTML5 is more mature.  So, I propose we honor this request.

If I'm missing some particular urgency, I'm happy to reconsider my two
cents.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI