Re: animate-elem-224-t.svg test

From: Alex Danilo <alex@pagefire.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 20:34:26 +1000
To: "Dr. Olaf Hoffmann" <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Cc: "Tony Zlatinski" <azlatinski@sta.samsung.com>, public-svg-wg@w3.org

Thanks Dr. Olaf,

--Original Message--:
>Tony Zlatinski:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've asked a colleague of mine (Chunhui) to review the test and he believes
>> there is a problem with one of the animations.
>>
>> Bitflash player now works correctly, so we ca generate a reference image
>> for this test, if nobody objects of the fix we made.
>>

>> Thanks!
>> Best Regards,
>> Tony
>>

>The different repeatCount are intended to test a specific rule for frozen
>to-animations, currently wrong in any viewer I tested this up to know.
><snip/>

I think it's very important to make sure any modifications to
tests such as these be reviewed very carefuly.

There is a long history to development of all these tests and
it is very easy to jump in with little experience and assume
the test is wrong.

In this case the test exercises complex areas of the SMIL spec
which have not been tested adequately in the past.

So before assuming an implementation you have produces the
correct result and attempt to change such a test, please make
sure that you understand the implications and ask for group
verification.

Best regards,
Alex