XHTML Role review

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:38:07 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hello public-svg-wg,

This is my draft review of the XHTML Role attribute module:
W3C Working Draft 7 April 2008
Last Call period ends 10 May 2008.

General comments:
It's nice to see an extensible solution that allows other languages to add
additional roles by using the CURIE syntax. I agree with Dr Olaf
Hoffmann[1] that it would be good if the XHTML Role attribute module could
have some more default attributes suitable for giving a role to SVG text

I can think of a number of attribute values that might be useful for maps
or diagrammes for example, but I see no problem in specifying those in an
SVG 1.2 module.

3. The XHTML Role Attribute
> The following list represents some of the roles defined in the default
> vocabulary. They are intended to define regions of the document to help
> orient the user.

Should be marked as informative.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2008AprJun/0058.html