Re: About updating of SVG Print profile

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:02:42 +0200
To: "lawrence lan" <lawrence_lan@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-svg-print@w3.org

On Thursday, April 28, 2005, 5:01:57 PM, lawrence wrote:

ll> Dear Sir./Madam:
ll> I am a programmer from China.And I am interested in SVG Print.
ll> But the draft in W3C was updated in 2003.I wonder whether there is some
ll> wrong with developing SVG Print profiles.Are there some difficult problems
ll> that can not be resolved in developing a SVG decomposer in pinters?

Work on the print profile was temporarily halted while the working group
focused on mobile SVG. Also, there were dependencies on SVG 1.2, which
needed to mature before work on the print profile could continue.

A new, updated draft is expected shortly.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead