Re: Font download in SVGPrint document...

From: Alex Danilo <alex@research.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:37:27 +1100
To: Roland Mainz <roland.mainz@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de>
Cc: public-svg-print@w3.org

Hi Roland,

>I am currently considering to write a SVGPrint driver for our
>Mozilla/Eclipse/OpenOffice... after reading quickly throught the
>documentation I did not find a description how font download (e.g. fonts
>embedded within the print job) can be implemented (this is a critical
>issue for CJKV (e.g. Asian) languages where it isn't likely that the
>printer has all fonts the document uses) - was that issue defined
>somewhere yet or is that a ToDo item for the future ?

SVG itself has SVG fonts as a native type of font.  If you were
embedding glyphs for a CJKV document, you can do it via the use
of SVG fonts.

If you mean downloading OpenType or similar fonts, this is a vendor
specific issue.  I expect that individual vendors would mandate how
that is done - most probably via some form of job bundling using
JDF or similar.

Hope that helps.

Alex