Re: SVGP requiement

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:24:02 +0100
To: public-svg-print@w3.org, naomi-tamura@hitachi-ps.co.jp

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, 8:13:58 AM, naomi-tamura wrote:

nthpcj> Dear Sirs.

nthpcj> I am Naomi Tamura. I work for Hitachi Printing Solutions,Ltd.
nthpcj> I have a comment regarding "SVG Printing Requirements W3C
nthpcj> Working Draft 18 February 2003".

nthpcj> There is no description about black and white printers in these requirements.
nthpcj> According to the Color requirement, the SVG Printer must be a color printer.

Good comment. I believe it is possible for the spec to allow a black
and white or greyscale printer to be conforming without relaxing the
conformance requirements on color accuracy for color printers.

nthpcj> I recommend that some black and white printers should be SVG
nthpcj> Printers. Because, it is common that we print the color data
nthpcj> by the black and white printer. Your understanding will be
nthpcj> appreciated.

I agree.