RE: acid test stuff

Hello David,

	Perhaps your interaction with the HTML group when you mentioned
SMIL is due to the fact that there has been no track record of any
significant use of SMIL+HTML in the world's leading browser by market
share.

	I give you this as reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533099(VS.85).aspx

	See, SMIL+HTML have been there since IE5. Where is the
web content that uses it?

	Perhaps the reluctance to embrace SMIL at this stage is
in reponse to the lessons learnt by building if for IE5 and seeing
that work wasted.

	It's a tools issue - and one that is hard to solve. In
any case SVG without SMIL is like a racing car without an engine.
It looks nice but you keep having to push the damn thing yourself.

Cheers,
Alex