Re: SVG Book (was: SVG IG -- a few ideas)

On Oct 12, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Jeff Schiller wrote:

> I am also heavily in favour of some source control system
> (preferably subversion) and would also be willing to help out in
> realtime on irc or skype

Currently there are a few issues I have with subversion, most
important being the fact that it doesn't do tagging; it just pretends
to do so. Then for this type of project, a distributed version control
system might work better. Git is one of the more popular at the
moment, but I think Bazaar (bzr) has a few things that makes it
friendlier to the non-hardcore programmer.

I'm also thinking that in the long run it would be nice to use the
same version control as for the tests. That's where some extra care on
choice can really pay off.