SVG Book (was: SVG IG -- a few ideas)

Hi, David-

Dailey, David P. wrote (on 10/7/09 9:57 AM):

> 2. Encourage W3C to go ahead and announce the book. I believe Doug has
> agreed that this makes sense.
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/resources/svgprimer.html
>
> We can talk about working on it forever, but unless it is known, no one*
> is going to. Once it is announced, contributors will materialize.
> Already Sean Roe from CERN has contributed a chapter on XSLT; I just
> need to bundle it in.
>
> * except for Ruud who already has some new corrections.

It's not a matter of encouraging W3C to publish it... we will publish it
whenever we ask them to.  However, there are publication guidelines we
have to follow; for example, it needs to be valid and well-formed, etc.

I also think it would benefit from being broken down into several pages,
perhaps along chapters.  Right now, it takes a long time to load and
render.  Breaking it down this way would let us include the SVG examples
inline more easily, if we want to do that.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs