Re: Torture tests for SVG

On 11 Oct 2009, at 23:47, Jeff Schiller wrote:

> I've got quite a list to share also.  What's the best environment in
> which to collaborate?  IG wiki I guess?  What about for sharing
> code?  For instance should I start up a Google Code project?

Both work for me. I guess the first task after we have a place to put
things is to come up with a general concept of how we will structure
the tests. The ACID tests work as it has a single goal to work towards
rather than many individual sub tests like a W3C test suite. IMHO the
ACID 2 test worked better than the ACID 3 test, as it was clear that
the smiley face made you pass. The ACID 3 test has 3 different tests
(speed, pixel perfect and 100/100). People often confuse that getting
100/100 means the test is passed.  We should avoid that mistake.

I quite like my jigsaw/tile idea (well I would as I came up with it)
as it allows embedding of a number of different files to test the
different ways of including SVG, and it allows individual people to
work on  different tiles. It could be individual tests that when put
together make a complete picture or pattern.
> Jeff
>

>> On Oct 11, 2009 3:17 PM, "David Storey" <dstorey@opera.com> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, and I'm sure Jon can dream up some Colour Profile torture tests
>> that will keep Erik busy ;)
>> On 11 Oct 2009, at 22:05, David Storey wrote: > I'd love to get the
>> ball rolling on SVG torture t...

David Storey

Chief Web Opener / Product Manager, Opera Dragonfly
W3C WG:  Mobile Web Best Practices / SVG Interest Group

Opera Software ASA, Oslo, Norway
Mobile: +47 94 22 02 32