RE: Categories of topics concerning SVG

Perhaps the new revisions at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/Links_to_existing_materials#Links_by_SVG_category take into account what Bob (here) and Rob (earlier) were saying about orthogonal organizations. I've also put in a few examples of some of the things just to illustrate, but clearly other hands will find other things in the sifting.

________________________________

From: bhopgood@brookes.ac.uk [mailto:bhopgood@brookes.ac.uk]
Sent: Mon 10/6/2008 1:10 PM
To: Dailey, David P.
Cc: public-svg-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Categories of topics concerning SVG

David,

If by SMIL you mean SVG's Declarative Animation I would call it that. If I
saw SMIL I would expect it to be about the SMIL functionality NOT in the
SVG namespace ;-)

We have quite a lot of examples we use locally and one section we have is
Application Areas which is subdivided into Cartography, Engineering,
Science, Charts, Visualisation, Graphics Art. The emphasis here is on the
way SVG is used in that area rather than the specific facilities it uses.

Bob