Re: Various Topics (was: sockets)

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:34:45 +0100
Cc: public-svg-ig@w3.org
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Doug,

"Standards are most useful for establishing interoperability
and providing authors and users with clear and precise
guidelines to functionality that they can use."

is very different in meaning to that which I proposed.
using a specification is not the same as
"as a requirement to include them and their representatives in the
spec process."

however, you may be relieved to know that after more than a decade I
have decided to withdraw from the w3c process.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/