Re: [svg-developers] Re: Safari problem with no nought

Hi Jeff!

Jeff Schiller wrote:

>On the other hand, I'm not sure about begin/end times in SMIL.  I
>noticed last night that Opera seems to have problem with missing
>nought characters in SMIL events (i.e. begin=".25s").  Haven't done
>any thorough investigation though.

I used to notice (a couple of years ago) that Opera had problems if I used dur=".5s" instead of dur="0.5s", but thought that had all been fixed. Maybe I just got used to using "0." in my time units for SMIL.  So yes, we'll need to make sure to include such cases.

There are some boundary problems still existing of that type....

for example in http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGOpen2008/filterBlur2.svg , if I put

<filter id="D"  x="0%" y="0%" width="100%" height="100%">
       <feGaussianBlur stdDeviation="25,0" />
</filter>

instead of

<filter id="D"  x="0%" y="0%" width="100%" height="100%">
       <feGaussianBlur stdDeviation="25,0.1" />
</filter>

(thanks to Erik for helping me figure this out)

then Opera and FF and maybe Safari ( I don't remember) into the one labeled "horizontal blur" all choke even though the spec seems to be okay. Ruud has been writing about a nifty way of tweaking such attributes that might allow the quick exploration of the parameter space associate with such things, so perhaps he'll have something to say on this -- I think it may help with the speeding the development of test cases.

David