Questions about svg:title and Dublin Core

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:03:06 -0500
To: public-svg-ig@w3.org

I'm still learning about Dublin Core [1].  Inkscape uses dc: to add
metadata to its saved images (though it strips this out for Plain
SVG).

I'm trying to assess whether dc:title is equivalent in semantics to
svg:title element [2].  My simple plan at the moment is for Inkscape
to synchronize the dc:title and create a doc-level svg:title element
as part of the Save action.  I'd just like to get some discussion on
whether these two elements are (at least roughly) semantically
equivalent.

This isn't the mailing list for the investigation, per se, but any
pointers/comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DescriptionAndTitleElements