Re: editorial comments on authoring guidance

Actually, a correction…

On 5/25/16 11:58 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:

>> *Structure*
>> You need hierarchical headings under structure. Shape Composition,
>> Grouping and Nesting
>
> The document is structured, but the new style sheet doesn't seem to
> style different headings differently (e.g. <h3> and <h4> seem
> identical)… I don't know why, but I'm looking into it.

I dug into this a bit more, and I found out that Respec.js (and
apparently HTML) require <h*> elements to be within sections.

I was using nested <article> elements inside <section> elements, but
apparently this isn't a sound technique.

For accessibility reasons, Respec changes the <h*> elements to have the
correct heading level based upon the document hierarchy, so all my <h3>,
<h4>, etc. elements inside my <article>s were being converted to <h2>s,
giving it the flat hierarchy.

I fixed it now, and the document is much better for it, thanks!

("Knowing is half the battle.")

Regards–
Doug