Re: svg accessibility tests

Thor is dead. No hammer... :(

     Regards,

    Fred Esch
 Watson, IBM, W3C
  Accessibility

 IBM Watson       Watson Release Management and Quality

From:	Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
To:	Fred Esch/Arlington/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:	public-svg-a11y@w3.org
Date:	03/29/2016 12:29 PM
Subject:	Re: svg accessibility tests

Hi Fred.

As I emailed you privately, I have put your meeting on my calendar. But
I am afraid I fail to see how the decision about testing has anything to
do with my question, which I'll re-state here for convenience:

   Is it accurate to say that with respect to role values of
   "presentation" and "none," SVG should be treated no differently
   than any other host language?

To be clear: Given that my impression had been that the "golden hammer"
would likely be the will of the group, the current WebKit code
implements the "golden hammer" for SVG, overriding what is done for
other host languages. I have since learned from your email that you
"lost the golden hammer argument." As a result, the current WebKit code
is now incorrect. It will be incorrect regardless of what decisions are
made around testing. :) Thus I need to fix this now-incorrect code. I've
set aside time to do so today.

If the task force has not yet reached definitive consensus about the
"golden hammer," I can of course hold off on completing this work. On
the other hand, if it has reached a consensus on the "golden hammer," I
might as well fix this bug today.

Thanks!
--joanie

https://www.w3.org/wiki/SVG_Accessibility/Testing/Test_Assertions_with_Tables#Role_is_none