RE: Agenda (updated) January 15, 2016 SVG accessibility Task Force meeting

Regrets for today.

L¨¦onie.

From: Fred Esch [mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 14 January 2016 21:20
To: SVG WG axs TF TLA §¹-f ... <public-svg-a11y@w3.org>
Subject: Agenda (updated) January 15, 2016 SVG accessibility Task Force
meeting

Note we are still meeting on Friday at 10am this week. A new meeting
time/day of week is on the agenda

MEETING TIME  - 10 AM US Eastern
Join WebEx meeting
Join WebEx meeting Meeting number: 645 955 799
Meeting password: ping on IRC

Join by phone
+1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number
Access code: 645 955 799

minutes from last meeting
 <http://www.w3.org/2015/12/11-svg-a11y-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2015/12/18-svg-a11y-minutes.html

Agenda Topics
Time/day of week for meetings
Testing
SVG AAM issues

Time/day of week for meetings
Doodle poll - for meeting time/weekday
<http://doodle.com/poll/zxmyzm728qr4chat>
http://doodle.com/poll/zxmyzm728qr4chat
Doug please fill out the doodle poll

Testing
Gap Analysis - Rich
Review of testable statements
https://www.w3.org/wiki/SVG_Accessibility/Testing/Test_Assertions - Amelia

SVG AAM issues

1.	Issue: Does an empty title or description nullify title/description
presence when deciding whether to add an object to the accessibility tree?
Git Issue #134
2.	Issue: Does role none/presentation always exclude an element from
inclusion in the accessibility tree? Things that appear to conflict: action
listeners, presence of global aria properties. If role none/presentation
always exclude an element from inclusion in the accessibility tree, we need
normative text stating so. Git Issue #136
3.	Issue: tspan element - should it be treated like a span and by
default not appear in the accessibility tree? Part of Git Issue #133
4.	Issue: Should xml:title be xlink:title? Section 10.1 Name and
Description has a couple of references to the "xml:title attribute". From
some quick searching, I have yet to find any reference to that attribute; I
have, however, found references and documentation for xlink:title. Typo? Git
Issue #137
5.	More on issue #137 Test alternative for accessible description

Regards,

Fred Esch
Watson, IBM, W3C Accessibility

Watson Release Management and Quality