name and description calculation - is there a mismatch between the document and what Apple implements?

Joanie,

My apologies for being confused.  I have a few questions -
Are the testable statements in the wiki in sync with what is implemented or
what you believe is implemented? If not, what do I need to fix?

My understanding is sometimes the AXAPI column in the accessible name and
description table doesn't always reflect Apples implementation. Is this a
correct understanding?

If there is sometimes a mismatch between the table and Apple's
implementation can you describe the mismatch?  Again, sorry for being
confused, I know you have described what is going on before - but it would
help me to have it spelled out again.  Thanks

     Regards,

    Fred Esch
 Watson, IBM, W3C
  Accessibility

 IBM Watson       Watson Release Management and Quality