Re: [SVG-AAM] editorial: Accessible name calculation

Hi Chaals,

I'm working on the doc today, so I can make some changes.  This was
supposed to be the purpose of the note box at the end of section 5.6.1,
which currently says:

The net effect of these changes is to establish the following priority of
> alternative text values for the accessible name:
>
>    1. aria-labelledby
>    2. aria-label
>    3. a direct child title element
>    4. xml:title attribute
>    5. for a use element, the accessible name calculated for the re-used
>    content
>    6. for text container elements, the text content
>
> The alternative text values for the accessible description have the
> following priority:
>
>    1. aria-describedby
>    2. a direct child desc element
>    3. for a use element, the accessible description calculated for the
>    re-used content
>    4. for text container elements, the text content
>    5. a direct child title element that provides a tooltip, when ARIA
>    label attributes are used to provide a different accessible name
>
> The aria-labelledby and aria-describedby properties can reference the
> element on which they are given, in order to concatenate one of the other
> text alternatives with text from a separate element.

Do you think a more detailed jargon-free description is required?  Or can
we get by with that note box plus the complete algorithm text, highlighting
the modified sections?

Amelia