Re: Action-1634: the switch element and <title> and <desc>

> On May 17, 2015, at 14:44, Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Second thoughts on title and desc:
>
> In HTML, the title attribute can be used to create the accessible description if it is not used as the accessible name.  We should explicitly define the same behavior for SVG.
>
> In other words, if the author specifies aria-label or aria-labelledby, use that for the name, but if they also include a <title> element (as a tooltip for visual users), that should be used as the description if no other description is provided.  This would support the common practice in data visualizations of using title tooltips to provide additional information, such as the numerical data.
And if the author also provides a DESC element, should its contents be appended to the description?

I know very well that supplying aria-label/aria-labelledby + title + desc is ill-advised, at the very least. However, it would seem reasonable still to treat the ARIA attribute as overriding the accessible name and to concatenate title and desc to form the accessible description.

Are there any other edge cases to consider?

Thank you for your compliance.