Re: How many emissions in a GB?

Hello Ismael,

Thanks for the encouragement !

<<
Would also be interested in learning more about how your LCA database
differs from the Big Ones that have become mainstream among LCA
practitioners.

NegaOctet is the only LCA database :
- 100 % dedicated to IT assets ;
- PEF 3.0 compliant (official european LCA methodology)
- state of the art (built in 2020-2021).
- with 1 500 ready to use assets from computer to screen, servers , switch,
CPU, RAM, smartphones, etc.

<<
Finally, I wonder how your estimates would account for providers like
Google, who claim full carbon neutrality,  and who have introduced, like
Cloudflare,  options to use exclusively renewable energy powered zones at
any given time.

It's impossible to assess cloud providers because they do not want us to be
able to ! They do not provide us with primary data (without their inventory
it's impossible to assess cloud services) and they do not provide open LCAs
(with ISO 14071 critical review).

best,
Fred