Speech API, WebRTC, Real-time Translation

From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 21:29:50 +0000
To: "public-speech-api@w3.org" <public-speech-api@w3.org>
Speech API Group, Greetings.  I would like to indicate an argument for enhancing the interoperability between Speech API and WebRTC technologies: real-time translation services for video calls and conferences.  The Speech API can be of use for web-based real-time communication scenarios including providing translation services.  Speech recognition is a part of such architectures.  Beyond real-time hypertext transcripts are possible translated hypertext transcripts as well as streaming video tracks including one or more natural language translations. I vote that we version the Speech API so as to enhance the interoperability between WebRTC and speech technologies for scenarios including facilitating real-time translation services for video calls and conferences.   Kind regards, Adam Sobieski