RE: New Charter

Glen, I agree with what you have written below, but fail to see how this is inconsistent with the new charter.  If there is an inconsistency, please let me know so I can update the proposal.

I'm also still awaiting your response to each of the three points I made below.  Being that your hold the position of chair, and given the context of the statements, the promises you made were essentially interpreted as being part of the groups charter.  (In fact I believe you are aware that many of us have remained active in this group precisely because of those promises.)  It would be a violation of the CG mission for this group to proceed otherwise without explicit consent from the members.

Thank you

From: Glen Shires [mailto:gshires@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:33 PM
To: Young, Milan
Cc: Satish S; public-speech-api@w3.org; Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> (ij@w3.org)
Subject: Re: New Charter

We at Google believe the spec is ready to be implemented by browser vendors in a compatible way. The few remaining open issues are not blocking issues, and getting early feedback from web authors will provide great insight in charting the course for future work on the spec. We believe that it's most important right now for browser vendors to focus on implementation, rather than attempting to resolve the few remaining issues without feedback from web developers building real-world JavaScript applications using it.

/Glen Shires