Re: Calling start() on an already started SpeechRecognition object

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Hans Wennborg <hwennborg@google.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The spec should say what happens when calling start() on an already
> started SpeechRecognition object, and calling stop() or abort() on a
> non-started object.
>
> Do we want to throw an exception? Fire an error event? Do nothing?

If there are no objections, I'll update the draft tomorrow to say that
calling start() on an already started SpeechRecognition object causes
an InvalidStateError [1] exception to be thrown, and the same for
stop() and abort() on a non-started object.

Thanks,
Hans

[1]. http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#invalidstateerror