RE: The SpeechRecognition.maxNBest attribute

Good to know.  'unsigned long' it is.

From: Satish S [mailto:satish@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:55 PM
To: Young, Milan
Cc: Hans Wennborg; olli@pettay.fi; public-speech-api@w3.org
Subject: Re: The SpeechRecognition.maxNBest attribute

WebIDL's special operations section<http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#idl-special-operations> defines the following:

Getters, setters, creators and deleters come in two varieties: ones that take a DOMString<http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#idl-DOMString> as a property name, known as named property getters, named property setters, named property creators and named property deleters, and ones that take an unsigned long<http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#idl-unsigned-long> as a property index, known as indexed property getters, indexed property setters, indexed property creatorsand indexed property deleters

So the preference for array index is an unsigned long and we should use the same for maxAlternatives which specifies the max length of the array.

Cheers
Satish