RE: EMMA in Speech API (was RE: Speech API: first editor's draft posted)

I'm also fine with dropping the specific attributes and instead attaching a set of EMMA use cases.

But I'm wary of the UA modifying the EMMA document: 1) This is starting to get into non-trivial domains with encodings and such, 2) The application could easily attach UA information to the log.

From: Deborah Dahl [mailto:dahl@conversational-technologies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:51 AM
To: 'Satish S'; Young, Milan
Cc: 'Hans Wennborg'; olli@pettay.fi; 'Bjorn Bringert'; 'Glen Shires'; public-speech-api@w3.org
Subject: RE: EMMA in Speech API (was RE: Speech API: first editor's draft posted)

I'm not sure why a web developer would care whether the EMMA they get from the UA is exactly what the speech recognizer supplied. On the other hand, I can think of useful things that the UA could add to the EMMA, for example, something in the <info> tag about the UA  that the request originated from, that the recognizer wouldn't necessarily know about. In that case you might actually want modified EMMA.
I agree with Satish's point that we might think of other use cases that require specific EMMA attributes, so I don't really see the need to call out those specific attributes.